Though not quite epic, but yes, my top was a fail. Well, I suppose it’ll pass the fit test if the american football look is what I’m after 😁.
It wasn’t exactly a surprise because it didn’t look right after I cut the neck steeks, but I said to myself “this has got to work” because I can’t bear spending all that time and not being able to wear it. So I left it alone while I got on with other knits, and then I remembered I had gone up a size because it was too snug in the waist and hip areas, but didn’t remember to go back down for my shoulders. The bane of being pear-shaped. Burger!
Unravelling was out of the question, and so I decided to just picked up new stitches along the red lines above (based on my shoulder measurements), curving them as I approached the bottom and re-knit the sleeves. I didn’t cut anything off in case that didn’t work, and didn’t bother unravelling the sleeves and just knitted off them. It looked simply ridiculous at the point when I had four sleeves (no pictures for your entertainment though 🙂).
Here it is after undergoing surgery; my intention is to make the sleeves longer than in the pattern, probably 3/4 length, but we’ll see.
Till next time, TGIF.